We appreciate your interest in the Open Water Diver Course. Please read and review the Information below:
Regular Open Water Course – Water Sessions Class Size Up to 8 Students per Instructor
Semi-Private Course – Water Sessions Class Size Limited to 4 Students per Instructor
What is Included in Your Course:
- Classroom Training Session
- Pool Session
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Certification Dives at Blue Heron Bridge
- PADI Open Water Diver Certification Upon Successful Completion
- Rental BCD, regulator, tanks, weights, and wetsuit for your use – a rental value of over $150 included in the Course!
- Crew Pack Materials – Book, Log Book, Student Records – $69
- Mask, Fins, Boots, Snorkel – Just $159 at Scuba Works with several options available
After Your Course, You Get:
- Special Student Pricing on a One 2 Tank Dive Trip with Capt SL8R Charters After Your Open Water Certification
Special Student Benefits:
- Mask, Snorkel, Boots, and Fins Package – We Make Sure You Have a Great Fit – Just $159
- Gear Bags at a Special Discounted Price
- 10% off Any Purchases in the Store
- Regulator Package Sets for all Budgets
- BCDs at Special Pricing
- 12 years old or older
- Must be medically cleared to dive
We want your Course to be a Great Experience! In order to be prepared, we want you to review the PADI Medical Questionaire. The purpose of this Medical Questionnaire is to find out if you should be examined by your doctor before participating in recreational diver training. A positive response to a question does not necessarily disqualify you from diving. A positive response means that there is a preexisting condition that may affect your safety while diving and you must seek the advice of your physician prior to engaging in dive activities.
In order to reserve a space in a class, each participant must bring their Groupon to our shop, complete the medical forms, and pick up the class preparation materials. All portions of the class need to be completed in order to earn your PADI Open Water Diver certification card. Classroom, pool, and dive schedules are important. Once you sign up for a class, and you later need to reschedule any of the sessions, there will be a $100 reschedule fee to cover instructor time and rescheduling expenses.
You will need scuba quality mask, snorkel, boots, and fins. We have quality scuba masks, fins, boots, and snorkel packages starting at $159 – Includes a Mask (over 15 models to choose from), Aqua Lung Caravelle Fins, Deep Sea Boots, and Deep Sea Airway Snorkel. Dive Gear Bags are also on special for just $35. The use of tanks, regulator, BCD and wetsuit will be provided for you and is included in the cost of your class.
You can purchase your own, personal, comfortable wetsuit for $109, regularly $129 or a premium wetsuit for $159, regularly $185.
We also have vests, gloves, and hoods to help protect you and keep you even warmer – and you get your 10% student discount on these and other purchases in the store.
The class is typically one evening and three days. This is usually a Friday evening, Saturday at the pool, Sunday for beach dives and the following Sunday for final beach open water dives. We also offer weekday classes at least once per month for those who want to do a class in 3 or 4 consecutive days.